Activities for Hiking:- ‘Health is wealth’ and one can keep their health in a good position by doing lots of physical exercises. What can be the best way to start with the most exciting and economical exercise of Hiking. There are plenty of health benefits of Hiking.
It lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases by elevating high-density lipoprotein levels and lower your triglyceride levels, which reduces the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol, and stroke.
Its also helps in lowering your blood sugar levels, hence control your diabetes. On doing regular hiking regimen your extra calories are burnt and increase your energy levels by an extra supply of oxygen into your body. It elevates your mood and provides a daily dose of vitamin D. Hiking tones your body and also work on solving Insomnia problem.
Types of Hiking: One you like
Different types of hikers like different types of hiking. There is always something to learn about everything you come across. There are different ways, different reasons for hiking which comes in all shapes and sizes.
Here are few of them listed below:
- Backpacking Hiking: generally hiking is done in a couple of days. Staying out for more than a few days covered by nature’s beauty. Definitely, you need your complete bag items for campaigning.
- Day Hiking: This is meant for beginners. As the name suggests, you have to backpack of water, snacks, and first aid. Also, you need to select marked, maintained trails within easy commuting distance from your home. This is short distance hiking.
- Overnight Hiking: Here one start hiking for one day, spend the night under the sky and return the next day. Backpack includes camping items as well. It needs good planning with safety and comfort zone place.
- Base Hiking: Base campers are hikers that set up a basecamp to return to. The basecamp is set up and you travel to and from the location for day hikes. Base camping prevents you from having to regularly haul as much gear and is great for those looking to camp in a more rustic atmosphere than a campground.
- Section Hiking: As named this means hiking a long trail in different phases. A section hiker might choose to do several weekend trips, taking on a little more of a long trail each time. Other section hikers might plan to do half of a trail one year and the other half the next.
- Thru-Hiking: A thru-hike is when a hiker starts at the beginning of a long distance trail and hikes all the way through non-stop to the end of the trail. Depending on the length of the trail, this could take several weeks to several months.
Preparing Activities for Hiking: All you need to know
Before you step out for hiking, these are the things you should consider.
- Food for Hiking: Light weighted food items like nuts, legumes, fruits, various energy and health bars, Chocolate, wine, Cheese as per your choice and plenty of water.
- Clothes for Hiking: Hiking is a great outdoor sport, so one needs to have complete attire to keep you warm, safe and comfortable. Hiking jackets, shoes, boots, sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, etc
- Weather condition: Before stepping out you should always check on weather condition.
- Area Map: Hiking should be done in a complete planned manner. You should know about the area where you are going hiking. Possibly have a GPS unit to make sure you are on right track and won’t lose.
- Camera: Don’t forget to take the camera with you to take pictures. I am sure you would like to keep your mesmerizing memories with you forever.
Best Places for Activities for Hiking
To feel the best hiking experience in the world that account for culture, scenery, and climate with its unique flavor, here are best places to go hiking.
- Peru: Peru is famous for its hiking. You can find the world’s largest mountain range, the Andes, runs the length of Peru. There famous hiking route from Peru to Machu Picchu. Enjoy the breathtaking ride at this beautiful place. Also, Santa Cruz trek and the Cordillera Blanca comes in one of the best hiking trails.
- France: French Alps comes in the best hiking in the world. Other major routes for hiking in France are called Grandes Randonnees and smaller paths are called petites Randonnees.
- New Zealand: Hiking in New Zealand is termed as a national pass time. The scenic beauty of this place will mold you into its own pace. Hikers can see mountains, forests, lakes, waterfalls, and national parks. There are even plenty of hot pools and geysers spitting out of the ground just to spice things up.
- USA: With more than 58 national parks and every single one of them is worth visiting and can explore hiking opportunities. Few are like Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon.
- Andorra: The unique part about Andorra that hikers can explore is that they can traverse the entire country, a mere 180 square miles, in a single hike! Caves, forests, and mountains offer hikers a chance to explore the rich scenery of this highly elevated country.